Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Brownie bites with fondant and hearts

I was dying to try this recipe I found for fondant that actually tasted good and didn't cost a fortune, so I did. I had no reason to be baking, nowhere to go, and no one in particular to feed them to (except, of course, for myself and my hunny), but that didn't stop me. I used my classic brownie recipe to make brownie bites and the fondant recipe here on Bake at 350. The fondant was sticky and messy, but way cheaper than buying gumpaste or fondant at the store, and tastier too. I made the hearts by cutting a (new, clean) pencil-top eraser into a heart (which I've done a few time for paper stamps) and dipping it into gel food coloring. I think liquid food coloring might work better because it would be less bunchy. I used corn starch to make it less gel-ish and more stampable. I brought these little nomables to my friends at Honey's Salon, which I have decided is my new experimental test kitchen.


So that plate. It's a random plate my partner picked up at a thrift store eons ago. We have no idea who Carla is, and it's a little creepy that it's positioned so perfectly to look like some Carla-person made the brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment