Monday, January 7, 2013

Relationships are weird.

Turns out, it wasn't just me. M and I are now considering how to give our relationship a real try. If I don't get into one of my top three (of five) grad schools, I'm moving to New Mexico. If I do get in, we don't know what will happen. I'll know by March. I need to remember to keep growing and keep fighting codependency even if there's love and a relationship on the horizon.

In the meantime, we're still seeing other people, and I'm trying to move ahead with my life. I'm finishing my applications, and the GRE is tomorrow. Marco came over a few days ago, and D came over today. He's still a total flake, but it was as amazing and fun as I expected it to be. I now have three impressive bite marks on my neck and chest.

A good friend is having a birthday potluck tonight and warned me that E would probably be there. I took the friend to lunch instead, because I really need to be able to live as if E doesn't exist. I thought about bringing someone with me -- the Biscuit would be a lot of fun and would make me a lot more comfortable in the space -- but I think I'd actually just end up putting too much stress on a friendship.

This bite mark, though. That's making me reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment