Monday, July 5, 2010

Cupcakes!

I made cupcakes for my friend Emily's birthday/farewell party on Saturday night. I used her grandmother's cake recipe for the cupcakes and a basic cream cheese icing recipe* for the icing. I also got an icing caulk gun for about $9 from Target (a cheaper version of this one) and used princess theme cupcake papers with pink sugar sprinkles. The cupcakes were a giant hit, and everyone got to try a small one before we sang happy birthday and ate the big ones.

The picture is blurry because I accidentally dipped the camera part of the phone in the icing on the ride over...and then licked it off.

Then I cleaned the camera off and took this hilariously intense picture. There are also several pictures of people eating cupcakes gleefully.

Success!


*Beat 8 oz. cold cream cheese (not rock solid, but it means you can use it straight out of the refrigerator) with 5 Tbsp. softened butter and 2 tsp. vanilla until combined. Gradually add 2 c. powdered sugar that has been sifted after measuring. Continue to add more sifted powdered sugar until you reach a consistency and sweetness that fits your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment