Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day bouquet

I work for a nonprofit that serves low-income seniors citizens, and my mom's a nurse, so it's a natural thing for me to make donations to work in honor of mom for lots of holidays. We also do a big fundraising push for honor gifts for Mothers Day, so I sent her and my grandma handmade cards that seniors in our Senior Centers made. They were lovely. My partner's relationship with his mom is as close as mine is with my mom, but different. So when we went to spend time with her on Mothers Day, we brought her a bouquet from our garden. It was a bit early for too much to be blooming, but the combination of sage, rosemary, and basil smelled amazing. The flowers are little weeds that grow in our front yard. (I love pretty weeds.) Tied it all together with purple ribbon, and I was quite happy with it's loveliness.




Oh hey after looking at this for the bazillionth time, I realized that I'm wearing sandals in the picture (that's my leg), so I'm not wearing a sock. My skin is just that creepy of a pasty color. My pants are off-white, not green as they appear, so maybe it's just the lighting...yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment