Saturday, March 9, 2013

Footprints

I used to love that old story about someone walking through the sand, and Jesus picking them up and carrying them when things got hard. I have a different view of God, where God is love and love is expressed through other people. And this revision seems appropriate:


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed a set of footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were a few sets, sometimes just one.
When I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
It seemed the whole world came rushing in to trample on me.
Finally I asked my friends why I got pushed around when things were so hard
And my friends replied,
"That was when we all came and took turns carrying you on our shoulders."

No comments:

Post a Comment